Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Our Favourite 'Family' Restaurants

You would have seen in my last post I Take My Kid To Restaurants- Get Over it! that I mentioned that I hate 'Family Restaurants. You know the ones with the playgrounds, chicken nuggets and crap food! Sure there probably are good ones out there but I have never seen any (please do leave suggestions if you do know of some I am open minded) So I thought I would share with you some of the places we like to go as a family that have a great atmosphere, yummy food, great coffee and a good options for kids (that don't smell like plastic ball pits)




Essence Cafe and Bar in Feilding. I have been here with and without kids and find them very accommodating, good food, friendly staff. They can accommodate for gluten free and allergies too!

Bethany's Restaurant and Cafe in Palmerston North. We recently came here for my mum's birthday, yummy food, awesome options for kids Kids Menu. Lovely staff and somewhere we visit regularly.

Cafe Jacko (Palmerston North) We have been here a few times, mainly for brunch. Great food, great coffee. Nuff said!

Cafe Royale. (Palmerston North) Yummy food, only place I have found with really awesome vegan and vegeterian options. Cafe is inside Square Edge art space so it has a really cool artsy feel! You can see the Menu here

Rose and Crown Olde English Pub (Palmerston North) You know those places that you know are consistent, you know you're going to get good food every time!? This is our place! Good food, beautiful fireplace in the wintertime. Good reliable food, there is no set kids menu but we tend to share everything because the healthy 'pub food' portions are always more than I can eat!

Iberia Restaurant (Masterton) Pizza, pasta, salads yum! We usually get one of each and share them all between the 3 of us. This is our go to whenever we go through Masterton, they also make a great cocktail! See their menu here

Mama Brown (Wellington) This place is just cool! Cool decor, yummy food, great service. We really enjoy coming here! See their menu here 

Bridge Cafe (Woodville) Cool cafe, great atmosphere, plenty of room outside for the kids and really yummy food! See the menu here.


Those are just some of our favourites! What are yours? We are coming up to Auckland later on in the year so I would love to hear some of your recommendations on where we should eat there too!

Robin xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates