Wednesday, 1 July 2015

DIY 5 Minute Play Dough!

My 4 year old loves playing with play dough, it's a great activity that I can set her up with and she will play happily independently so I can work or do odd jobs around the house. Here is a great recipe for a no-cook version that's super fast!



You will need;

2 cups of plain flour
2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil, I used canola but whatever you have at home is fine.
2 Tablespoons of cream of tarter
A few drops of flavoured essence I used peppermint
Just over a cup of boiling water.
Food colouring (I use gel colours but any kind if fine)

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add oil. Into my boiling water I dissolve my food colouring and add a bit of peppermint essence. (this is optional it just makes it smell nicer. Add water to the bowl and mix. When it has cooled enough to get your hands in there, knead it like you would bread. If it's sticky, add a sprinkle of flour. If it's too dry add a drop more water. It should come together really quickly and you're done!



When you're done playing with it for the day wrap it in plastic wrap tightly and store in the fridge.

Enjoy

Robin xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates