Friday, 8 May 2015

Out and about: Cobblestones Museum



A couple of weeks ago we went on a bit of a road trip to the Wairarapa! It's somewhere I pass through all the time but have never really stopped for more than a coffee so it was fun to have a look around.







Our main purpose of visiting was to go to Cobblestones Museum, my Dad told me it was really cool and I love visiting museums with my daughter so we went to check it out.

It was a really different type of museum, instead of one big building there are lots of little buildings. It really is like stepping back in time to a small town! There is a fire station, town house, hospital, a school, a newspaper printers, this is open on the weekends so you can play with the big old printing presses, sadly we went on a Thursday but I will be making a special trip back! Along with the locksmiths, woolshed and so many other buildings! They also give you a really cool visual map so you can tick them off as you go- Abby has a really big love of maps right now so we collect and even laminate the really good ones we get!
One of my favorite parts of the museum was the old hospital, I have always had a thing for antique medical equipment I find it fascinating. My favorite room in the hospital had to be the pharmacy. Having been a Pharmacy Technician myself pharmacy will always have a special place in my heart and it was such a great display. Brown bottles with little hand written labels all other the walls, scales and other tools, some of which I recognised and are still used now.

It cost $15 for our family pass and I would say it was definitely worth it, all up I think we spent close to 2 hours there maybe a little bit longer with taking pictures and for a blogger it was photo heaven! So many beautiful textures, backdrops and interesting things that you don't see normally!



If you are in the Wairarapa are I totally recommend visiting Cobblestones Museum! 


Robin xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates