Friday, 28 November 2014

Passion

I have always been a very passionate person, often called a drama queen as a child I have always had very strong convictions on what I am passionate about. I blame my parents for always telling me I could do whatever I wanted to do and that I could do anything I set my mind to. I went on to be a rebellious teenager (who was still a drama queen) who would skip classes because I didn't agree that opening a book and spending the whole time copying from it was learning.
The only classes I would make sure I attended were Drama (surprise surprise), English and science. These classes were probably the only things that kept me at school and the main reason I loved them so much was because of the teachers. It was their passion they projected on to me that I was drawn to, I could see they wanted to be there so so do I, you could really tell they loved what they were doing.

I think my husband would agree!
Now I am in no way teacher bashing those teachers that weren't like that I think being a high school teacher is one of the hardest jobs out there but I often wonder why people are in jobs they obviously don't want to be in. I understand paying bills etc etc but it's very alarming that there are people who live their lives with no passion for what they do every single day. I am sure those teachers who now are unhappy or just uninterested in their jobs went into their careers passionate, optimistic with a love of teaching and need to make people's lives better through education, but over the years that flame has died and they have settled into the routine of day to day life going to work everyday and getting paid at the end of the week.


For me my passions in life have changed and continue to change on almost a day to day basis but I am learning to reign them in somewhat. When I was 14 I decided I wanted to work in Pharmacy, I chased that carrier and eventually I felt my flame go out, I found myself in a position where I didn't like my job. To be honest I was quite miserable, my job felt like a real chore and I was uninspired, uninterested and underpaid.

When I started my handmade business I was excited, I felt inspired and I found my flame again. I have continued to chase that flame and that passion and it has lead me here to Crazy Mother Crafter, now to be quite honest I still don't really know where Crazy Mother Crafter is going, just like my first business I have no business plan and I intend on keeping it that way because it makes me more open to exploring and chasing that passion wherever it goes.


So I think the moral of the story is that everything is better when you are passionate your marriage, your parenting, your job, your hobbies, your life! We really are nothing without it and with life being for living and all you need to chase that passion. I don't think you can ever be truly happy without it!

What is your passion right now?

Robin xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates