Friday, 26 September 2014

New Camera Amazingness!!!

So I have been blogging and running a business for 2 or 3 years and the number 1 thing on my wishlist has always been a new camera. The last one I brought about 4 years ago was a little point and shoot and while it was good it wasn't good enough for what I wanted to do with it!




If you have been following our blog for a while you might have seen that I did a business wish list a while ago and right at the top was a new DSLR camera, well I finally bit the bullet and did it!

I ended up getting the Canon 70D which was pricey but I went i with the mindset that I wanted to buy it once and grow with the camera instead of buying a cheaper one then wanting an upgrade in 6 months!



We purchased it from Harvey Norman in Palmerston North from a guy called Jason in the camera department he had personal knowledge on the subject with photography being a hobby of his so he was a great salesman for us.

We walked out with the camera, an extra lens, a bag, a tripod, an SD card, and some kind of power protector thing, not sure on exactly what it is but he said I needed it and my husband agreed!

To say I'm happy about my new purchase is an understatement, I am totally in love with it and so pleased I got it! Not just for blogging and business but to be able to take a decent family photo and with the tripod we can all be in that photo for the first time ever!!



Like I've said before I have also toyed with the idea of doing more with our YouTube channel which I still plan on doing and now that I have a camera that can record in HD it can only make it even better!!


The one thing I will say about moving from a point and shoot to a DSLR is how much longer it takes to upload photos from the camera to the computer. I guess I probably should have expected it because of how much better the quality is but it's something I never really thought about until I uploaded the first batch of photos!

Hopefully this means much better blog photos from now and me steeping out of my comfort zone and maybe doing some foodie, fashion and even more lifestyle related posts!!


Robin x

2 comments:

  1. I feel your excitement.. Maxabella loves has an amazing series on beginner dslr tips x

    I got my first dslr a few weeks ago!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool thanks I will have to check them out! Aren't they awesome!

      Delete

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates