Thursday, 19 June 2014

Take more photos!

So as a blogger and business owner a big part of my job is to take photos and we are in the age of the "Selfie" it seems people constantly have their cameras turned the other way around snapping photos of themselves!

I am particularly bad at this there aren't many photos of me on this blog or really anywhere else part of this in the past has been insecurity, shyness etc. the other part is that I just plain forget! I have never really been the person in front of the camera I'm always the one holding it and for this reason I have missed out on taking some really precious photos. I only have one photo of myself while I was pregnant with my daughter I was so sick and in so much pain right throughout my pregnancy that it didn't even occur to me that I should take some photos of my baby bump! There are also very limited photos of my daughter and I this is something I am really committed to changing. In 50 years time shes not going to care that I wasn't wearing make up or that I wasn't a size 6 she is going to want to see pictures of her mother. I want her to have a huge collection of pictures of our family that she can look back on and laugh about the clothes we were wearing and our hair cuts just like I have done with my parents.

This weekend just gone my husband and I went to Napier for a craft show, I made the effort to put some make up on and go to the balcony of our hotel and not just take a picture of the view but take a picture with my husband.



Now this is the man I see everyday but the last photo of the two of us together was at our wedding over 2 years ago! That's crazy!! Where is the documentation of the last 2 years of our life? We have done so much in the last 2 years and we have very few pictures to look back on.


I have toyed with the idea of making video blogs or vlogs of some of our exciting adventures but I am going to walk before I run and firstly commit to more photos! This means taking my camera out with me and not being embarrassed to take a photo with my daughter or my husband. I may not share all of them but you will be seeing more of me on the blog!

Does this ever happen to you are you always the one holding the camera? 

Robin x

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I am always the one behind the camera! Great pics, BTW.
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica, thanks so much for stopping by going to check out your blog now too!

      Delete
  2. I'm guilty of this too, I take pictures but very rarely of myself or of times out with my partner or friends. My pictures seem to be of random things only good for Instagram! I'm totally with you on this challenge and will be taking more pictures of everyday life too

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates