Saturday, 3 May 2014

Where to next?

My personality in a nutshell-

I'm a goal orientated person, I need to be focusing on something, working on something and be constantly busy! I have a very short attention span and find it hard to make up my mind! 

So now that my business is trucking along, I've got the blogging thing down and my daughter is growing up I feel I need something else to do. Sure all of these things still require work and attention but I still feel the need to start something else. 

I have always thought I wanted a degree of some description I just never knew what subject I wanted to study. I have studied  before both a certificate in pharmacy and retail and a half finished pharmacy technician qualification (which I may finish one day but I would have to return to work at least 25 hours a week to for fill the requirements) both of which are NZQA accredited certificates. 

So I think I may have found the one....... A degree in Applied Sciences (communication and possibly psychology) I have been thinking more and more about what I want to do when I grow up and I think it is writing. I always wanted to be a writer when I was small but quashed it for fear of failure and not knowing how to get into it. Going for a real job in pharmacy instead.

I actually really love working from home, being able to work to my own timetable (I am a night owl so prefer to work late at night than first thing in the morning) and the other thing that working from home allows me to do is be here for my daughter. Even once she is at school I am able to walk to school with her and walk home with her (until I'm not cool enough obviously) and this is important to me!



Yes I love my business and I love my blogs but it would be nice to have some qualifications under my belt to make these things even better and open up some more opportunities on the writing front. 

So the question is, do I have the time? Can I make the time for study? Do I have the determination to get the whole thing done? Will it all be too much? Will other aspects of my life suffer because of the added work load? Can I do it? 

See I'm starting to think decisions through rather than jumping right into things (see Saying No)! 

I'm still undecided though, it's a big commitment and a lot of work on top of what I already do! Also our living situation is a bit up in the air right now (more on this later) so I'm going to let this decision sit a while before I act on it. 

What is your thought process when you make big decisions? What kind of questions do you ask yourself? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates