Saturday, 28 December 2013

DIY Hair bow holder.

Time: 15-20 minutes
Cost: Around $20 
Difficulty: 4/10

I have been meaning to make one of these for my daughter for the longest time so here is how I did it!
Hubby helped me with this one so I could take photos but it is super simple for one person to do on there own. Great for children aged 8 and up to help with but small children may find this tricky as it a wee bit fiddly and I don't recommend giving a 3 year old a staple gun! 


The Finished Product

First you will need:
A Canvas
Fabric, enough to cover your canvas
Scissors
Staple Gun
Ribbon
Hooks

First get your fabric and canvas.

Lay your canvas face down and your fabric wrong side up.

Turn over a side of the fabric twice to form a seem.

Fold over on top of the canvas.

And staple to secure the fabric.

Trim the other sides of your canvas leaving enough room for seems. 

Turn over again twice and staple to secure.

Fold the corner in.

Fold in the side to create a tidy right angled corner.

And fold over. This will give you a tidy corner.


Here is what the back of your canvas should look like.

And this is what the front will look like.

Position the ribbon where you want it and staple to the back.

 
Ta-dah!

Add hooks to the side of your canvas.

This is what my finished product looked like!

I then added all of my daughters bows, clips, headbands and hair ties. She thinks it's great because she can choose which ones she wants to wear. 

Secure to the wall with a nail or command strips.

Hope you enjoyed this DIY 


Robin x







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates